Applying Infection Control Principles: A Case-Based Assessment
In this assessment, you will apply the concepts you learned in the MERET modules to a real world situation. After learning about Ann and Jack, a young couple who show up in the ER with flu-like symptoms, you will be asked a series of questions regarding their care.
Before beginning this assessment, you should have completed each of the following modules and passed the post-test:
- Protect Yourself First with Full Barrier Precaution
- Design and Maintenance of Airborne Infection Isolation Rooms (AIIR)
- Methods for Achieving Temporary Negative Pressure Isolation (TNPI)
- Standard Precautions & Respiratory Hygiene
- Transmission-Based Precautions
- Respiratory Protection
Your performance on these questions is tracked. The purpose of this assessment is to see if you can synthesize the concepts you learned in the modules and apply them to this scenario. A score of 70% or higher indicates that you have mastered the content.