Radiation as a Weapon of Terror
Description: Developed from a live hour long presentation using Articulate and Powerpoint.
- Define the likely composition of a “dirty” or radioactive bomb.
- Recognize the limitations of their use through an understanding of the physics behind the health effects associated with acute and chronic exposure to radiation sources.
- Become familiar with nomenclature of radiation measurement.
- Understand the consequences use of such devices will have in the operation of a typical health care environments.
- Detect radiation in a patient care setting.
- Develop an understanding of the treatment options available based on the composition of the bomb.
- Locate advanced training materials appropriate to provide guidance for prehospital emergency services.
- Locate advanced training materials appropriate to provide guidance for hospital medical management.